TRINITY SUNDAY – The feast of the Holy Trinity was not proscribed as an official celebration of The Church until 1334. In a sense, every celebration of the Eucharist could be considered a festival of the Trinity because the whole Trinity is at work in every moment of creation, redemption and sanctification. However, Trinity Sunday does provide a particular day in the liturgical calendar to reflect on the revelation of God’s self as Trinity, what some have called the triune God. We are particularly attached to the festival of the Holy Trinity because our Yarram church bears the name Holy Trinity. As the centenary of Holy Trinity, Yarram edges ever closer the Parish Council plan to honour the past, celebrate the present and plan for the future. We hope to gather a small group of people to coordinate the preparation of historical material, a memorabilia exhibition, and the events to mark the occasion.
In 2018 we have already set the following dates:
Sunday 4th February foundation stone commemoration
Sunday 9th September parish luncheon
DATES FOR YOUR CALENDAR
- The Abbey at Raymond Island Winter Program The Rev’d Canon Prof. Dorothy Lee will speak to her newly published book – The Gospels Speak: Addressing Life’s Questions. (see notice board for details)
- An Afternoon of Traditional and Contemporary Music and Poetry June 17th, 2017 1-4pm Delbridge Hall, Cunninghame Street, SALE. Featuring Artists Don & Christa Dwyer from Newry 2017 Victorian Bush Poetry Championship Finalists
- 19th – 22nd June Clergy Conference (Rev. Jo attending)
- CONGREGATIONAL MEETING - Holy Trinity: 25th June 2017;
- 16th July SEA SUNDAY at Port Albert Community Hall. 12.00noon Guest Speaker The Reverend Ken Rogers Soup & rolls lunch and a simple service. Proceeds to The Mission to Seafarers
BIBLE STUDY GROUPS -
a place for fellowship around the Bible;
a place for prayer; a place to ask questions
In Yarram – Coffee Connect, Mondays 3.45pm at the Coffee Palace, currently studying The Gospel of Luke
In Port Albert – Wednesdays 3.30pm at St John’s Raglan Street, led by Rev. Jo currently studying The Gospel of John;
In Won Wron - next meeting 27th June more details to follow
You are welcome to join a group at any time or if you would like to start a group please talk to Rev. Jo
Please note there are copies of the Bible Study – John; The Way to True Life by Douglas Connelly available for $10.00 you may purchase for private study or join the Port Albert Bible Study Group or start a new group
Copies (revised) of The President’s Address from the 38th Synod of Gippsland are available at church for you to read and return.
SEA SUNDAY - The Reverend Ken Rogers invites knitters to create much needed beanies for seamen. We will pass on these knitted gifts when Ken visits Port Albert on Sea Sunday 16th July.